About Me

My photo
I was born on July 19, 1947 in Detroit, Michigan to Rolland and Margaret Moore. I have an older brother, Rod, two sisters, Marcia and Jan (my older twin). I was briefly married and have two sons, David Harford and Kevin Moore. I have six grandchildren from my older son and his wife, Janie: Mariah, Austin, Jason, Chayse, Ian, and Haley. I have three grandchildren from my younger son and his wife, Robyn: Nathan, Katie, and Kezia. I was diagnosed with cancer on July 6, 2009. This is my journey!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

~Doctor Update~

Mom talked to her doctor today. She now understands she has cancer and that it's terminal. She's been diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer; we won't know her doubling rate till she talks to her Oncologist, hopefully on Monday. She took it hard, like anyone would, but I think/hope she understands its not about how much time is left, but about what she does with it. Her doctor said it's untreatable at this point, but we are still researching options to keep her comfortable and as healthy as possible. Others have beat the odds and perhaps she will too. It's in God's hands and only time will tell. Mom is learning how many people love her and are there to support her. She said she didn't know she had so many friends. Printed on the walls of the nursing home where she's recovering from surgery there are a number of quotes; I was asked to share one of her favorites:

Every day holds a possibility of a miracle.

I would like to thank everyone for their concern and support through this difficult challenge. Though the future is uncertain, the sun has yet to set and we will savour the golden rays of sunlight for as long as they grace the sky.

~Kevin

3 comments:

  1. I like that quote. I know my sister's in good hands, as she has angels taking care of & watching over her.

    Here's one Marcia sent me many yrs. ago when I lost a baby: (don't know title)

    The road is too rough, I said. "My Lord, there are stones that hurt me so."

    And He said, "Dear child, I understand; I walked it long ago."

    "But there's a cool green path," I said, "Let me walk there for a time."

    "No, child," He gently answered me,"the green road does not climb."

    "My burden," I said, "is far too great, how can I bear it so?"

    "My child," said He, "I know its weight - I carried my cross, you know."

    "But, I said, "If there were friends who would make my way their own."

    "Ah, yes," He said, "Gethsemane was hard to face alone!"

    And so, I climbed the stony path, content at last to know,

    That where my Master had not gone,I would not need to go.

    And strangely, then, I found new friends; the burdens grew less sore,

    As I remembered, long ago, He went that way before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - The above poem was sent to me (Jan, Jeryl's twin) from Marcia, our sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeryl,
    I'm thinking of you and hoping that you'll be home soon. I'm keeping this short as I'm not sure how these blogs work, but know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete